Our online mentors offer free advice, coaching and mentoring support based on their own personal experiences. You can get in touch by using the contact button below. If you can't find a mentor on the topic you're interested in, try searching for a related topic or send out a call for help.
Attentive , Creative , Supportive
Love learning … teaching … and learning how other people learn. Believe in excellence … Enjoy and am inspired by talent … and find nothing more satisfying than seeing someone discover and realise their potential … And become an inspiration to others!
My primary goal in life is to have an impact on unemployment and contribute to new organisational and business models … that harness virtual organisation … to enable alternative independent and interdependent ways of making a living … through learning organisations and community enterprise.
Founded a virtual consulting firm (1996), together with two strategic partners to bring our three niche practices under the same virtual roof … to enable us to flexibly combine and collaborate … respond and adapt … to each individual client with a wide range of bespoke solutions.
· Provided confidential sounding board for facilitating complex decisions with a key strategic impact on organisation/leader. Adopted Tavistock Institute of Human Relations framework to identify decisions that most impacted on organisation/leader. Then facilitated in a way that shapes the individual’s authority and development.
· Created an opportunity to address issues and carefully weigh the various strands of a decision by applying heightened listening, assessment and support skills of a trained counsellor. This strengthened the transition and transformation that followed and incorporated the impact of a decision on family and on work/life balance.
· Specialised in working with senior academics from non-managerial disciplines and relatively new to a strategic management role. Harnessed skills as a consultant in cross-functional working to integrate the strategic benefits arising from multi-disciplinary working – and to tap the creative elements of client’s core discipline.
· Provided redundancy counselling to a tier of Local Authority Assistant Directors. With a background in organisational psychology, identified and addressed the impact of losing a role as well as a job, which was critical to making a successful transition into a new role.
· Facilitated career and life changing decisions. Used skills as a strategic mentor, to enable client to choose clearly what they wanted to do and the key decisions that would shape them. Utilised counselling support for working through the psychological impact of change and transition.
· Specialised in enabling independent and portfolio careers. Drew on own experience of a portfolio career, coupled with work on self-managed learning to facilitate clients in building and managing multiple roles around their core capabilities.
Post-graduate research project examining the development of authority, leadership and organisation across 3 centres of excellence (Tavistock Institute of Human Relations / University of Oxford / University of Sussex). Created a temporary Learning Organisation with personnel from each centre and action researched behaviour as it occurred. Provided foundations/direction for future cross-functional work as a consultant and strategic mentor.
My motivation for joining Horsesmouth is to contribute, practice and develop my skills in a virtual medium … and become part of a learning community whose purpose I wholly support. Find mentoring mutually beneficial … and not just giving but receiving too … Learn as much from my clients as they do from me … and find it very satisfying to share experience and discover the different ways that people apply it … a virtuous circle which continuously adds to my learning, teaching and growth in understanding … and what I have to offer … Mentoring enables people from different stages in their life and experience to meet at important crossroads … relate … and form valuable bridges … Where the benefit of hindsight can meet with the enthusiasm of youthful potential ... and assist in shaping a future. Through its reach, ubiquity and technology, Horsesmouth has the power to closely match … and self-match … people, experience and requirements … and form a progressive learning community.
No mentors with similiar experiences were found
Why not send out a general call for help to everyone
If you've lived, you've learned...and you've probably got a story to tell. Mentoring online is the perfect way to share your hard earned-wisdom with those who can benefit from your experiences and knowledge, all in a supportive, safe and secure online environment. It takes seconds to sign up and you never know who you might meet!